DEVELOP YOUR CAREER AND WORK ON THE CLIENT SIDE WITH THIS STABLE, ESTABLISHED AND WELL REGARDED PROJECT/DEVELOPMENT MANAGEMENT FIRM.
NS Projects is seeking an experienced Project Manager/Clerk of Works for our Perth office who will represent our values and become part of our team.
NS Projects Pty Ltd is an industry leader with an enviable client portfolio, focusing on providing project and development management consultancy services. We have established offices in the capital cities of Western Australia, Queensland, New South Wales and the Northern Territory.
NS Projects is experiencing steady growth during difficult times by advocating honour, leadership, collaboration and care as core values. We are seeking an experienced Project Manager for our Perth office who will represent these values and become part of our team to deliver great outcomes for our valued clients.
As a Project Manager/Clerk of Works, you will support various clients, tailoring your services to suit their needs, setting each project’s strategic direction followed by management of the implementation. Typical project activities include:
- To represent the interests of the Client in all matters on site with the primary focus being on achieving industry good practice and quality of workmanship.
- To monitor that the materials used on site are compliant with the project specification and are incorporated as described in the design documentation including implementation of any agreed process for the provision of materials samples.
- To monitor and report on the compliance with the project design by the Contractor and that any variation from the design is properly documented and agreed by the design team.
- To provide liaison between the Contractor, the Client and design team to ensure communication between the parties is clear in order to minimise delays due to lack of information and misunderstandings.
- To provide records of site issues as witnessed on site including details of variations, delays, occupational safety and health issues and day to day input into problems arising on site. To provide site reports in a format agreed with the client to accurately inform the client on progress, quality and over all contractor performance.
- To provide comment on the compliance on site with Industry standards, Australian Standards and codes of practice.
- To provide a part time inspection service throughout the life of the construction project so that issues are identified early in the process and rectification strategies put in place to avoid lengthy defects lists towards the end of the project. Provision of a witnessing service as required for work to be hidden by following trades.
- To support the client in achieving value for money with regard to the quality of the project including its performance in use and requirements for future maintenance.
- To provide a flexible service tailored to the specific requirements of the client to meet their expectations with regard to time, cost and quality.
- Manage the ITP process; certification compilation and witnessing of commissioning testing against the Project Documentation requirements.
- Assist the client with advising its engineering staff in the process of transitioning from construction commissioning to operation.
To be successful you will have a proven track record of collaborating with various client staff, sub-consultants, stakeholders and team members to achieve project planning and delivery excellence. You will also possess:
- Tertiary qualifications in Project Management, Construction Management, Property, Engineering or a related discipline;
- At least 5 years’ experience in project management of healthcare and/or other complex projects;
- Proven capabilities to work independently and effectively as a team member;
- Willingness to learn and develop your project management/development career;
- A strong work ethic, with proven attention to detail and commitment to see things through to the end;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Project, Excel and Word; and
- A passion to make a difference;
- Commitment to travel for intrastate projects on a day/two day per week basis.
In return for this you will enjoy:
- A generous remuneration package;
- A committed plan for your continued training & development;
- Mentoring and coaching from some of Australia’s best.
** If you believe you have the experience and expertise for this outstanding opportunity, please apply by forwarding a cover letter addressing the above criteria, along with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org