The Springs Redevelopment is a 14.7 hectare site located between Graham Farmer Freeway, Great Eastern Highway and the Swan River in Rivervale. The project site was blighted, subject to fragmented land ownership and in desperate need of revitalisation. Upon completion of build, the project will deliver in the order of 1,000 dwellings and up to 40,000 sqm of commercial space.
NS Projects was appointed by LandCorp to manage the planning approvals, staging, liaison with landowners and stakeholders, engineering design and delivery.
NS Projects initial action was to prepare a clear implementation strategy, engage with stakeholders and drive the project through the issues which had stifled progress prior to our engagement.
- Obtaining numerous planning approvals including: structure plan, local planning scheme amendments, Metropolitan Planning Scheme amendment subdivision approval as well as design guidelines and detailed area plans.
- Characterising the key contaminants of this historical site to address soil contamination with asbestos, pesticides and petroleum, required extensive site investigations and complex remediation work.
- Working with fragmented land ownership complicated implementation plans and required excellent stakeholder communication strategies.
- Providing continued access by other land owners to their properties during works through implementation of a complex works staging strategy .
- Negotiation, preparation and finalisation of a developer contribution plan.
- Liaising with Main Roads to integrate with major upgrades to Great Eastern Highway.